TAK-4 Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) operates in a similar way as the TAK-4 IFS except IRS has the ability to drive or provide power to the wheels. Components are similar in that there are upper and lower control arms and springs. TAK-4 IRS utilizes coil springs instead of torsion springs.
TAK-4 IRS advantages include:
• Reduced road input into vehicle, equipment and occupants
• Greater ride comfort
• Better traction
• Safer, more stable vehicle
• Ability to add TAK-4 T3™ to further improve control and mobility
TIGHT TURNING TECHNOLOGY
TAK-4 T3 with Tight Turning Technology combines the advantages of TAK-4 IRS with 100% mechanical steering system. Just like TAK-IFS, the steering system is a mechanical over hydraulic system – free of electronics – with two (2) steering gears that provide power to the steering linkage. TAK-4 T3 is available on apparatus with IRS up to 52,000 lb tandem axle rating.
• Improved turning radius and turning diameter
• Increased tire life with reduced tire scrub
• Lane-to-lane turning
• Improved maneuverability and safety
• Pierce, single-source manufacturing