A fire truck designed and built for one department will not be the best configuration for another.
It's why Pierce partnered the Velocity® chassis with the Impel chassis - to offer an excellent value with a long list of standard features and available options.
Visibility & Space
- The large single-piece bonded windshield & daylight windows increase visibility; the 3-blade wiper system provides better coverage of the panoramic windshield surface.
- At 100" wide, the Impel cab provides ample room to carry up to 10 personnel comfortably or additional compartments & equipment.
- The forward roof design offers a cathedral ceiling feel with increased frontal visibility & more configurable space.
- Large exterior door handles are generously sized to fit the firefighter's gloved hands.
- Wide cab doors make entry safer & exit quicker for firefighters.
- Gauges & switches are within easy reach of the driver without interrupting lines of sight.
- 1-piece, full width,
lift-uphood allows for easy maintenance & fast access to the windshield washer fluid, coolant overflow, power steering, windshield wiper motor & cab lift controls.
- Electrical systems, breakers, components & modules are easy to access & service on the officer's side of
- In-cab access for chassis fluids makes servicing easier.
- Massive 13.38" 120 p
sisteel frame rails for superior handling & reduced frame deflection.
370 – 450 hp
Length 60", 70" or 84" / Width 100"
Cab Roof Style
Flat or raised (10" or 20")
|Cab Dimensions||Length 60", 70" or 84" / Width 100"||Cab Roof Style||Flat or raised (10" or 20")|
|Doors||Barrier or full height||Electrical System||Command Zone™|
|Frame Rail||13-3/8"||Front Axle Suspension||Leaf or TAK-4®|
|Frontal Air Bags||Default||Rear Axle Suspension||Leaf, rubber, air, TAK-4®, or TAK-4 T3™; single or tandem|
|Seating Capacity||10||Side Roll Protection||Default|
|Alternator||270 - 430 amp||Cramp Angle (maximum)||45°|
|Engine||Cummins L9||Engine Horsepower||370 – 450 hp|
|Front GAWR (maximum)||23,000 lb||Rear GAWR (maximum)||54,000 lb|
|Transmission||Allison 3,000 EVS|
TAK-4® Independent Front Suspension
TAK-4® Independent Rear Suspension
Wide cab doors
Wide cab doors make entry safer and exit quicker and more efficient for firefighters.
Generously door handles
Large exterior door handles are generously sized to fit the firefighter's gloved hands.
Lift & tow front bumper
Lift and tow mounts are placed at a standard location for tow truck life systems.
Pierce's One-Eleven mirrors
Mirrors are positioned to minimize both the body and head movements of the driver and increase visibility around the vehicle.
Forward roof design
The forward roof design offers a cathedral ceiling feel with increased frontal visibility & more configurable space.
Fast access service tilt hood
One-piece, full width,
The large, single-piece bonded windshield & daylight windows increase visibility; the 3-blade wiper system provides better coverage of the panoramic windshield surface.