Pierce has evolved over the last 100 years & so has the logo.
This simple logo was first seen in the year 1917 when the company incorporated under the name Auto Body Works, Inc. The company would continue to use the logo on documents and signage through the twenties and thirties. "Pierce" would eventually be added above the original logo even before the company was renamed Pierce Auto Body Works in 1960.
This logo was displayed proudly on the 'City Plant' manufacturing building. Pierce
This is the first time we see the use of the oval. The font changed to give it a fresh look. The rectangle area below the oval was used to denote utility and fire products.
1969 - Present
The Pierce logo that is used today was introduced in 1969. There have been many variations of the coloring of this logo but it has always come back to this original version as the